Thicker at the front and gradually tapering to the rear, the Cavallo Raised Wither Saddle Pad lifts the saddle at the wither to re-establish balance and correct position. The pad’s design allows skeletal relief along the gullet and maintains the benefits of shock absorption, weight distribution and improved saddle fit comfort.
Firm poly fiber sheets have been inserted alongside the protective memory foam inserts – these poly fiber sheets create internal stability, which serves to further equalize the load in high-performance sports. These panels produce an inner equilibrium that even in very active rider movement or saddle stress situations, will allow more complete utilization of the horse’s scapula. THE PERFECT FIT between horse and rider.
Length: 23″ (58 cm)
Width: 22” (56 cm) tapering to 15 ” (38 cm)
Customers in the UK click here to view this product.
Thicker at the front and gradually tapering to the rear. Lifts the saddle at the wither to re-establish balance and correct position. Allows skeletal relief along the gullet and maintains the benefits of shock absorption, weight distribution and improved saddle fit comfort.
Our Four-Density Solution, plus the performance enhancement (PE) panel, combined with fine finishing details including genuine leather butt joints, nylon bindings and aeration perforations, provides the Ultimate in Saddle Pads, benefiting both horse and rider!
Shock absorbent: It’s Not Shocking!
- Saves the backs of both horse and rider
- Promotes blood circulation (the slow release memory of the open cell foam creates a gentle massaging action on the horse’s muscle structure)
Improves Saddle Fit: Fit for Excellence!
- Contracts at pressure points, fills gaps
- Enhances the saddle gullet (protecting the spine)
- Cutback allows wither relief
- More comfort for a saddle which fits perfectly
- Allows one saddle to be used on multiple horses
- Compensates for a horse’s changing back (different levels of conditioning, natural development over the season and development over the horse’s lifetime)
Thin: Thin is Important!
- 4 different material densities create a thinner pad with greater shock absorption than a pad twice as thick
- Allows more room for free movement of the scapula (shoulder blade)
Reversible: Effective & Stylish
- New Zealand wool on one side, closed cell shock absorbing foam on the other
- Use either side against the horse; it’s your personal preference!
Patented Nitrex Closed-Cell Foam: Non-PVC foam that has low resilience and low penetration value, resulting in excellent shock absorption, insulation, cushioning and rebound (G-value energy return). Far superior to traditional foams.
- soft and lightweight
Open-Cell Memory Foam to Enhance Saddle Fit:
- releases as the rider shifts weight to vary pressure and gently massage the muscles, promoting healthy circulation
- evenly distributes rider and saddle weight on the muscles
- contracts where the saddle is tight and remains full where the saddle has less contact.
New Zealand Merino Wool:
- 100% Merino Wool carded and consolidated into a dense material. The resulting cloth is then heat-bonded to enhance dimensional stability, durability and abrasion resistance
- high directional stability to maintain shape
- wicks away moisture
- breathable and insulating
THE CAVALLO BEST BOOT GUARANTEE
Cavallo’s Best Boot 180 Day Warranty Details:
Cavallo guarantees the quality and workmanship of Cavallo Hoof Boots for 180 DAYS from the date of purchase. Subject to approval from place of purchase, Cavallo will reimburse for repair or replace your boots against faulty workmanship. The guarantee does not cover natural wear-and-tear, inappropriate use, modifications, changes or alterations, unattended horses, incorrect sizing, excessive heat exposure, exposure to sharp objects, or use with metal shoes without Cavallo High Tenacity Protection Pads in place.
To be fully protected by the Cavallo Best Boot 180 Day Warranty, Cavallo Hoof Boots must be purchased from a recognized Cavallo retailer. Cavallo Hoof Boots purchased as “used” or “second-hand” are not covered under the Cavallo Best Boot 180 Day Warranty.
Boots must be returned to place of purchase, clean, washed dry and free of debris, manure and dirt with dated original receipt and shipping paid.
Cavallo Total Comfort System Saddle Pads are warrantied against manufacturer defects for one year from the date of purchase.
Potential Hydrolysis effect on Cavallo soles:
Cavallo Hoof Boot soles are molded in industrial grade TPU (Thermoplastic Urethane). Under certain conditions, this compound may be vulnerable to a chemical reaction known as Hydrolysis. Hydrolysis is a bond breakdown which may occur at least 2 years after production. This happens only when boots are stored in unfavorable conditions and not being used. Hydrolysis may be avoided by ensuring good air ventilation and avoiding humidity over 70%. Keep the storage environment cool and dry with good air circulation. A combination of temperatures as high as 40 Degree Celsius with high moisture content, should be avoided.
Hoof boots that are frequently used in very wet conditions should be allowed to dry before storage and should not be stored in the original box or in areas of poor air circulation. Follow these instructions and your hoof boots will last free of Hydrolysis for many years.
Warranty questions can be answered in North America Toll Free at 1-877-818-0037 or [email protected]
Horse activities are inherently dangerous. The manufacturers, distributors and sellers will not accept responsibility for injury, death, lameness or illness resulting from the use or misuse of these products.
Prestigious Veterinary Hospital Recommends Cavallo Boots
“Rebel has recovered from Laminitis and has to be kept barefoot now. Cavallo Boots allow him to go on gentle trail rides that he loves. I followed your video on how to break them in and it was a big help. He’s a Rocky Mountain Horse. Rebel was a patient at Cornell Ruffian Equine Hospital in NY last year, and they recommended your boots. Just thought you would like to know how I found out about your product. I’m very careful to do whatever I can to keep those hoofs healthy. He’s really walking great!!!”
“The Riser Saddle Pad Really Does Make a Big Difference…”
“I just wanted you to know that I got my front riser English pad and I think my horse really appreciated it. He’s 5, but still butt high, which creates balance issues, but our first ride was AWESOME!! Put me in a much better balance and he seemed to move out much more, even throwing in a happy mini buck of joy. The riser pad really does make a big difference. As you know, trying new tack pieces is really a game of trial and error and can be very expensive. I tried about 10 saddles, western and English before I found a Duett Companion (hoop tree for wide horses). He’s not wide but has prominent, uneven shoulders and nothing seemed to fit. Everyone has an opinion of what’s best or what’s worked for them. I simply listen to what my horse is telling me, lol, he’s good at telling me loud and clear. He’s quite the ham…think he wrote a book about the Prince and the Pea in a former life.”
– Paula Ironstone
Comforting Laminitis & Thin Soles
“I researched hoof boots like crazy before choosing Cavallo, so glad I made the right choice! We love them!! Duke is a mule. He is 26 and suffers from hoof wall separation and Laminitis. He wears his with Gel Pads during turnout. Java a pinto – he is wearing his boots today for comfort during turnout because the ground is frozen, but he normally just wears his for trail riding (he has 3 pairs!) He has thin soles and is an in-betweener, size-wise. We absolutely LOVE YOUR BOOTS! Thank you!!”
Better Late than Never
“I was a real latecomer to the idea of using hoof boots… Growing up, my Dad was the ‘horseshoer’ for our family & friends We never would have thought of having a barefoot horse, especially considering all we did with them year-round. But when looking for a horse of my own in recent years, I knew I wanted one that could go barefoot. And so I researched and bought Cavallos right away. I’m very happy, riding Sierra sometimes on rocky trails, and through creeks quite often. Can’t recommend them enough.”
High-Level Dressage Rider Depends on Cavallo Boots
“I’ve used Cavallo hoof boots for over 9 years, and have used them on a wide variety of horses from my traditional Gypsy ‘dressage cob’, Highland and Welsh Ponies, Thoroughbred and Warmbloods. I have never had any issues with them falling off or rubbing (unlike other boots I had previously tried) and we often have long adventures over and through a range of different terrains. This includes my advanced dressage horses, who have both been barefoot while in full competition work, but always wear their Cavallo hoof boots when hacking out.
I also used the boots when my Cob had Laminitis, as they really helped him to feel more comfortable, and even now when the ground is frozen and rutted, he wears his boots in the field to keep him comfortable. Along with the range of Cavallo accessories, I can always be sure to get the perfect fit and level of comfort for each of my horses.”
-Sue Grice, Dressage Rider, UK
Why Do We Exclusively Use Cavallos?
“Fame is happy in her Cavallo Simple Boots! We have a herd of 4, from a mini horse to a 16hh Quarter Horse. They all have at LEAST one pair of Cavallos! We have Simple, Treks, ELBs and CLBs. We also have almost every type of hoof boot pad Cavallo makes. Why do we exclusively use Cavallos?
- They’re easy to get on. I don’t want to wrestle with a boot on a lame horse, or in the middle of a snowstorm. They come in a wide range of sizes. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to measure and get the right fit. Cavallos are easy to measure and I’ve never had issues getting the wrong size from my measurements.
- Cavallos HOLD UP. Some of our crew are ROUGH on their gear. We’ve had many other hoof boot brands end up shredded and in the trash. Boots more expensive than Cavallos! After throwing away numerous pairs of boots that are $200+ a pair after owning them for a month, we switched to Cavallo and had zero issues.
- Cavallo customer service is the absolute best. I sent them a message asking about using boots in snowy conditions and got a detailed and helpful answer within 24 hours. Often times it’s even sooner.”
-Allyson Yearry Donaldson